Hall Maintenance and Community Thanks
This page summarises recent major achievements relating to maintenance of the Mosman Guide Hall.
These works would not have been possible without the generosity and kindness of various businesses within the Mosman and surrounding communities, who gave money, time, equipment, products and services to ensure that our lovely hall for hire and party venue not only looks amazing but is a safe and fun environment for any and all who use it. We thank these businesses and individuals for their support and look forward to many years of co-contributions from our community to them and theirs.
We hope that all who visit this page will thank these companies by using them for any services that they provide.
Works in recent years:
- Mosman RSL Club – a grant was received to hire contractors to paint the windows and walls of the outside of the hall. This work has not yet been undertaken but will be completed by Seascape Painting and Decorating in the short-term future and we thank them for honouring their original quote.
- Mosman Council grant received to replace Emergency Lighting; Scott Electrics added a further Community Cause donation to complete this, an oven circuit rewire and Switchboard upgrade.
- New heater system installed by GQ Plumbing and Symmetry Data Electrical Solutions.
- New safety and street signs installed by Mosman Council.
- Community Building Partnership Grant received to replace all of the doors to the new safety standards, repair the decking fence and some weatherboards. 3D Building Solutions worked with the Support Group to achieve the results within the budget.
- Mosman Rotary donation received to support ongoing internal hall maintenance.
- Team from Zurich Insurance Australia came in to paint the internal walls.
- Mosman Council grant received to replace the old tin sink in the toilet block, work was completed by a local plumber GQ Plumbing at a discounted rate.
- Electrical box and safety work, labour and materials donated by Symmetry Data and Electrical Solutions.
- Mosman Council grant received to repair windows and purchase the latest fire safety equipment, work was completed by Access Window and Door Repair.
- James from Orange Home and Gardens donated his time to come and clear the Guide Hall roof of leaf debris.
Our Support Group love to organise fundraising events throughout the year.
We aim to hold one fundraiser per term. Past fundraiser events have included a Guide Biscuit Sale, an annual Cake Sale and a Sausage Sizzle at our local Bunnings Balgowlah.
All funds raised go straight back into the Unit, providing vital hall maintenance as well as supplies for Guide meetings and Leader Training.
‘This website is not an official site of Girl Guides Australia. Girl Guides Australia takes no responsibility for the content of this website.’