Monday 6.00 – 7.30pm Age 10-14
For almost 100 years, Girl Guides has provided a unique space for girls in Mosman to learn new skills, make new friends, and become more community-minded.
Our programme is all about trying new challenges in a safe environment, helping the girls develop confidence in their abilities, giving them an understanding of the amazing possibilities life offers, and most importantly having fun each week. We operate a Patrol system whereby the older girls will become Patrol Leaders and help the other girls develop their skills through sharing knowledge and experiences. No matter what inspires your daughter, or what interests her most, Girl Guides will help her develop her potential while also making new friends. The guiding experience is very relevant in this modern day as it offers young girls the opportunity to express themselves whilst learning important friendship skills in an environment where they are interacting with other girls their own age and feeling safe and comfortable. As many young people attest to feeling isolated from their peers, Mosman Girl Guides allows this interaction to occur under supervision from both adults and older girls.
Throughout the year we undertake a wide range of activities:
- Weekly meeting – fun, adventure, leadership skills, creativity and exploration.
- Outdoor adventure – rock climbing, camping, high ropes, bush skills and water-based fun.
- Themed programmes – Get Active, Get Gourmet, Get Relaxed and Rested, Get Real, Team Girl and girl chosen themes for camps.
- Unit camps – get away for some fun and adventure with your Guide Unit.
- Community Events – Clean Up Australia Day, Christmas Carols at BUPA Mosman, Bag Packing and Carol Singing at Woolworths.
- Region fun days and events – join with other Guide Units in the Northern Sydney Region to make new friends and have a great time.
- NSW & ACT events – wider events for the whole state including the popular Great Guide Sleepover at Taronga Zoo.
Girl Guides is led by a volunteer adult leadership team, mostly made up of parents in the Guide Group. Their names are taken from native animals and birds and create a fun and friendly setting for Girl Guides to be held.
For more information please email your local leaders on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit the Girl Guides NSW & ACT website https://www.girlguides-nswact.org.au/
‘This website is not an official site of Girl Guides Australia. Girl Guides Australia takes no responsibility for the content of this website.’